Online learning, competition, and social networking are effective ways to communicate and build community. Eczema Counts is an online platform to facilitate the exchange of information, development of new skills, and establishment of bonds among individuals from diverse backgrounds with the goal to improve the eczema shared decision-making process, health care outcomes and overall quality of life. The benefits of such a platform, shared by eczema patients, caregivers, and researchers, are many. However, for such a platform to function in a way that serves the community and protects the participants, a code of conduct must be followed by all visitors.
The respect, safety, and protection of visitors to Eczema Counts are our highest priority; as such, NEA and PeDRA have developed the following code of conduct for the Eczema Counts platform. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Failure by any visitor to follow the code of conduct may result in immediate deletion of unacceptable content, removal of the violator(s) from the platform, and additional measures as deemed appropriate by PeDRA and NEA (including forfeit of game participation).
Eczema Counts Code of Conduct:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Do not provide medical advice. Ever.
- Consider the benefit of a post before posting. If there is none, refrain from posting.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post commercial messages. This is not a forum to self-promote or represent another entity.
- Do not judge experiences, ideas, or opinions of fellow visitors.
- Do not speak on behalf of NEA, PeDRA, or a broader community – what you share is your personal experience.
- Do not post any non-NEA or non-PeDRA promotional material, special offers, conferences, product announcements, or solicitations. NEA and PeDRA reserve the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and will be removed immediately.
- Photos: Visitors to the platform are encouraged to take and share photos and screenshots that capture their experience on the platform and/or as part of defined activities. Photos can be shared on the platform and/or by social media and may be used by NEA and/or PeDRA for future marketing and engagement purposes. All visitors are expected to be courteous to others, respect wishes to be left out of photographs when communicated, and refrain from sharing inappropriate images.
What to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior:
- If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please contact us on our Contact Us page, as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
- We expect all visitors to the Eczema Counts platform to abide by this code of conduct whenever using the platform and at any associated online or in-person events or activities. Participants asked to stop hostile or harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Please enjoy the platform responsibly and with respect to others.
Note: This code of conduct is a living document that may change over time. If you feel that something is missing, please don’t hesitate to contact us on our Contact Us page.